Our health care system needs you.
The need for increased public health spending and the development of a concrete poverty reduction plan is more important than ever before. The health of all British Columbians depend on it.
Elections are a critical opportunity every 4 years to generate commitment to policy change.
By asking political parties and candidates to clarify their positions on important issues and helping them better understand the issues of significance to public health, we can and will make a difference.
Learn more about these two key issues and raise them to political candidates in your riding:
- The need to double funding for disease prevention and health promotion services from 3% to 6% of the provincial health budget.
- The need for a provincial poverty reduction plan.
Take action and make a difference:
- Ask political candidates in your riding about their positions on poverty reduction.
- Attend political candidate forums and voice your concerns about poverty and health inequities (coming soon).
- Send a letter to voice your concerns to political candidates and/or party leaders (coming soon).
Join PHABC and advocate for the protection of our health care system, and for the health of future generations.